Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Diet Plan

Everyone's body works differently but here is the diet plan I used and found to be best for my metabolism/body type. I used the South Beach Diet Phase 1 Sunday-Thursday and had a cheat meal Fri and Sat. When I was wanting to lose alot in the beginning, I stayed on phase 1 for two weeks without cheating and then after that I did the phase 1 Sun-Thur with the 2 cheat days until I lost all I needed to. When I say cheat day I mean I had one meal that day that was not on my diet (mexican or pizza usually), but I didn't eat bad all day long. I am the type of person that cannot eat strict without some type of treat every now and then. I would go crazy and probably binge eat and end up right back where I started. I put together a sample of what I eat during the week just to give a better picture of how it works...

Sample Menu:

Breakfast
Southwestern egg beaters or 2 real eggs with shredded 2% cheese on top, 2 slices turkey bacon
or
An Advant Edge Carb Control Protein Shake

Snack
Kroger Brand Carb Master Yogurt (very good and filling)
or Sugar Free Jello cup or handful peanuts with a cup of 1% milk or a Sargento lowfat cheese stick

Lunch
Grilled Chicken Salad with any dressing that is lowfat and has <3 sugars and <6 carbs per serving (I use Kraft Caesar Parm Vinaigrette or Hidden Valley Light Buttermilk Ranch)
I change up my salads by using Spinach lettuce, tomato, cucumber and feta cheese or I do regular romaine with 2% cheddar, tomato, and cucumber. Use any lean meat to add protein.

Snack
Any from the list above. You can also eat 2tbsp natural peanut butter with a cup of 1% milk for a change.

I started eating the Progresso Weight Watcher soups for a snack. I stick to the ones with 10 or less carbs per serving and eat half the can.

Dinner
Any lean meat grilled or baked with steamed broccoli or green beans. I usually eat a piece of babybel cheese with it to keep me full. You can have 1 serving of beans (black is best) per day and can add it wherever you like.

I have also put chicken with a little olive oil in the skillet, cook it first, and add salsa, black beans and shredded 2% cheddar and it is really good and something different.

Another idea is grilled turkey sausage on the grilled marinated in A1 with 2% cheese cubes.

I marinate all my meat using McCormick Grill Mates and followed the package directions.

As far as drinks, I drink any diet soda, coffee with sweet and low with a little cream and crystal light.

This is just a sample but all phase one foods allowed are on google. Just type in South Beach Phase 1 and it will be the first website on the list.

I started the diet then added the workout a couple months later, but I will post my workout plan in a couple days...

No comments:

Post a Comment