Friday, July 2, 2010

Time for a change....

So there I was, standing in front of a woman not to much older than myself teaching her about eating right and healthy lifestyle post MI. I had done the same routine night after night for several years being a nurse on a cardiac unit. But for some reason this particular night I began to actually listen to my own advice. How could I continue to tell people they were unhealthy and needed to make a change when I myself was standing there 5'3 well over 200lbs and never gave a thought to diet and exercise? I mean I had a 6 month old, working full time + hours and had no time for being "healthy". But then again, how could I expect anyone to follow my advice when I was not willing to practice it myself? And what kind of example was I to my daughter who needs me to be there for her for years to come? That night was life changing for me and now here I am 13 months later starting this blog to encourage others needing the same kind of change and to share a few things I have learned along the way...

1 comment:

  1. Your life changing moment will inspire life changes for countless others. Children learn by watching and look, I am going to Zumba classes and thought I was going to die last night, but love it. Never too old or too late. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete